Saturday, September 10, 2005

Baked Blue Cheese Halibut, Without Blue Cheese

Well, I did it. And it turned out pretty well. SheWhoMustBeObeyed seemed to like it anyway.

I didn't quite follow the recipe (surprise surprise). I used feta cheese instead of blue, and about double the quantity. It still didn't overpower the flavour of the halibut.

I did cut the red onion a bit thick, however. They were still a bit raw and strong tasting, imho.

I served the fish on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes, of my own recipe, with some steamed broccoli for decoration.

The pics are up on flickr now (1, 2), so you can almost see for yourself. White sauce over white fish on top of mashed potatoes. Not so good for photography unless one is Ansell Adams. And he never had a cheap digital camera that he won at the Pig & Whistle in Osaka.

Most ingredients were purchased from Costco in Culver City, CA. The rest from Albertsons on Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica.

I had a glass of quite cheap shiraz with it, and it went well, although anathema for you purists!

That's it from me.


Hugs, Rob

No comments: