Friday, September 16, 2005

Beer Sorbet: Lite Beer Rant

Someone, who has to remain anonymous, brought a case of Coors Light to LittleBigGuy's birthday {Thanks anyway. It's the thought that counts ;)}.

I assumed it was for the kids, but SheWhoMustBeObeyed put me right on that. Well, I don't know what she thought would happen to it, because I wasn't going to drink it. She even put the cans in the fridge, taking up valuable real estate reserved for a real beer, such as my usual, the Pale Ale from Sierra Nevada.

I was getting desperate. I tried to drink one, but could only manage half before I felt sick. Maybe that's the whole "Lite Beer" concept; to make people sick before they get drunk. That way when they fell awful and drive home they aren't toasted. Great plan! Maybe they put Campral in it. I even tried Sam Adams Light once, well twice actually, because I was convinced the first bottle had to have been a bad one. It wasn't. It's just an awful tasting beer. That shocked me, because the normal Sam Adams is a fine beer.

When I was looking around for recipes for the degustation dinner I came across this one for Beer Sorbet. HA! Maybe I'd found a use for the "beer" in the fridge. So I tried it and to me it tasted like sorbet. Quite nice. TheBoss said it tasted really like beer, but I didn't notice it.

I'm thinking it'll make an appearance again, otherwise I'm going to have to find another use for the cans in the fridge.

Any suggestions?

PS: Just went to Albertsons (mmm Patricia Heaton), and they are discontinuing Chimay, and it's all half price. I picked up a bottle of the blue for tonight. Woo-Hoo! It is Friday after all....

No comments: