Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Kofka Korn Kebabs

Tonight we went Middle Eastern. I made up some kofka meat balls (to my own recipe) and flattened them to about 1" thick and 2" in diameter. I cut some corn the same thickness, added some veggies and made kebabs. They cooked for around 15 minutes on my lovely, lovely grill, which I got for Father's Day from the WeeMen.

The rice was cooked in chicken stock with some chopped onion, then when done mixed with a can of garbanzo beans (the most widely consumed legume in the world!, and totally left on the side of MyBetterHalf's plate) put in a greased oven dish and covered with some sliced tomatoe. That was then heated in a medium oven for 10 minutes to cook the tomatoes.

I served it all with some steamed broccolli, slightly sauteed in butter with a little garlic.

I loved the kofka. It tasted great and gave me inspiration for the big dinner!

No comments: