Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lost Time (Was I taken by Aliens?)

The other morning the alarm went off (scheduled for 6:00 am) and the first thing I noticed was that it was still very dark, and I thought that was odd. I noticed the time on the microwave at 5:58. I'd had to search for my cell phone, becasue that's the alarm we use, mainly because LittleBigGuy took out all the clocks on our nightstands.

Don't anybody send us another one, because LittleWeeGuy is just at that height now and has the same opinions of nightstands as his brother. I lost half a bottle of red wine finding that out. It's not exactly lost, since it soaked into the bed sheets, and of course won't come out, so I still see it every now and again.

But we digress.

I found the phone, killed the alarm, and also noticed that LBG hadn't awoken. He's been waking at around 5am and coming upstairs to lie with us and watch his DVDs (Both The Lion King and Dinosaur are extremely annoying at 5:am, I can tell you,). He has also progressed from nightstands to opening doors, so we are having difficulty keeping him in his room.

I went back to bed, dosed for a few seconds, heard LBG open his door and run upstairs and looked at my watch; 5:30! Now either my watch, the sky and LBG's sleep patterns were correct, or the clocks on the microwave and my cell phone were correct.

I was confused. The only possible explanation is that I was taken by aliens, and put back half an hour later. TheChief reckons that would explain lots of things, but I'm not sure what she means by that. I reset my watch and it's kept perfect time since, so it couldn't have been the watch battery.

Anyway, TheBoss was late for work, so we know that it was all my fault. But then again, I can't think of any circumstances where it wouldn't have been all my fault anyway.

No comments: