Friday, September 16, 2005

Chicken curry


Chicken Curry
Originally uploaded by TeamStewart.
Simple Chicken curry with steamed white rice last night.

The chicken was really good. It benefited from the brining process I used. The same as when I prepare chicken for BBQ. Soak the chicken in a pot of water for a few hours. Not just water, but I add a lot of salt, some sugar, and some garlic powder

You can't have curry without beer, and the Red Hook ESB, from Seattle, WA is about the best around here.

I was once in a hawker centre in Singapore having a curry and a nan with a nice big Tiger beer, and the guy at the next table said he'd never seen anyone eat nan with beer before. I think it is safe to assume that he'd never been to London!

I use the S&B roux packages from Japan to make the curry sauce, and some other bits and bobs to give it effervescence ;)

No comments: